Monday, October 12, 2009
Way. Too. Much.
2. What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
Hmmm...I'm real good at thinking up creative projects and picturing them perfectly completed in my mind. Not so good at actually seeing them through. My latest, valances for my bedroom that match the quilt my mother-in-law made for us last Christmas. Took me the better part of one afternoon.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
Just perfectly right! I used to really struggle with incontentment. God has really done a work in me in this area. I'm so thankful for our home, its character and the space we have. I love, love, love to entertain in it! It may be far from perfect to others but it is PERFECT to us! :)
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
Working in my flower beds OR raking leaves with the kids.
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
No way! Can't stand the smell of it....gives me a headache in minutes!
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
Um, ride. Everyone else would rather I ride also!
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
Does falling asleep count as giving up on it? If so, minutes!
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Michael Jackson. Actually, I'm not embarassed by it - but I am made fun of constantly because of it.
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
Hmmm...I think a six.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
If ever I was, motherhood stripped that away. I now chomp ABC gum, drink any beverage with floaties and have grown to love any brand of chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? (I hear people gulping and see them sweating in anticipation of how to answer this one.)
I'm pretty sure I'm trying to control way too much in my life. I could start to list, but it would take a long, long time. God's working on me here too!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Doesn't she just have "rotten" written on her forehead? She was having so much fun that I decided my repurposing of the basket could wait a while!
Pictures Above: Sophie at her favorite slide, Our posing duo, Jack in his crazy scuba gear and a quick family photo op!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
1. Your sensitivity
2. The way you love the outdoors
3. That you are now an official READING MACHINE
4. The way you protect your little sister
5. That you cheerfully help with chores and responsibilities (Most of the time)
6. That you totally dig Jesus
Here are a few pics from our birthday boy's big weekend. I'm curious though, how do you make birthdays special at your house? Leave me a comment and let me know. :)
Pictures Above: Jack enjoying pink squirrels with his class, Opening the loot from the family, Swimming away with his buddies and blowing out the candles on his Mario Bros. cake.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
One of the things I love about Indiana is the fact that the seasons come and go and the weather changes so we get to experience it all. However, with that said... I. Am. Done. With. Winter! Join me for a few seconds as I bask in the anticipation of the next glorious season...
1. A new Easter dress
2. Daffodils, Tulips and all the other springy flowers.
3. Bunnies and Chicks
4. A cute spring jacket
5. The smell of the ground thawing
6. Going for a walk outside
7. Flying Kites
8. Mud puddles from the spring rain
9. One season closer to the city pool being open
10. SPRING BREAK!!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
I'm always thankful for the time that we get to spend with Mark and Jan and their whole family - which have become an extention of our own family. Our conversation and laughter are refreshing and such a blessing. If you get a chance, check out Taylor's website for information about the up and coming trip that the choral group, "Sounds of Taylor", will be taking to Jordan and Egypt next month.
Pictures: *Reed (middle) singing with the men's choir of the choral group.
*My dear friend, mentor and second mama...Jan.
Music is the universal language of mankind. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Saturday, January 31, 2009
There are no children tugging at your sleeve, no phones ringing, no one knocking at your door. It's just you and God. We spend this time in prayer over many things. This morning I'll be praising my Savior for who He is, what he does and the promises I have in Him. I'll be lifting up those around me that are sick with cancer, ALS, depression. I'll be praying for the children in my classroom and their families, children in our community that need someone to intercede for them or that need Christ in their life. I'll be lifting up President Obama and his cabinet members, Pastor Mark, Pastor Joe and Children's Ministry Leader, Rhonda and the responsibility they have to teach US to minister to this community and world. I'll be praying for my fellow teachers, Mrs. Bohr - our principal, Dr. Howe - our superintendent and those teaching on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights at our church. I will then spend time on my knees for my own family. I'll pray over my husband and children in depth and for my extended family as well as needs I have personally.
When I leave these mornings I always re-evaluate my personal prayer life. Am I spending quality time with God or sending up only little arrow prayers? (By the way, I am a huge fan of arrow prayers and I know God answers those) Does He know my heart because He's God or because I spend enough time with Him that I lay my heart at His feet?
Oh, my life is busy as is all of ours. I don't ever want it to be so busy though that God gets squeezed in instead of focused on.
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-19)
Today may you find time to praise God from whom all blessings flow. Let him hear your petitions and thanksgiving that your heart and spirit might be drawn even closer to Him.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Pictures Above: (Sorry they're backwards...I was having difficulty!) Jackson calling his Nana and Papaw to tell them he lost his first tooth. A picture of the "hanging" tooth.