Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday To Jack!

My little man is not-so-little anymore. He turned the big S.I.X. this weekend. Birthdays have always been a big celebration for my family. Growing up I can still remember having the whole family over. They stayed all day. We had lunch, cake and ice cream, opened presents and played with whatever new toys or games I got for my birthday. I LOVED my special day! I also love giving that same celebration to my kids. I love taking the time to just celebrate them. Our festivities started Friday as Jackson took his favorite birthday treat- pink squirrels, to his classroom. Saturday we celebrated with my side of the family and today he had his first friend birthday party at the Wellness Center pool. Some say it's a little much - we say it's a great way to celebrate the day God created YOU! Happy Birthday to my Jacker! On your happy number six, here are six things I adore about you...

1. Your sensitivity

2. The way you love the outdoors

3. That you are now an official READING MACHINE

4. The way you protect your little sister

5. That you cheerfully help with chores and responsibilities (Most of the time)

6. That you totally dig Jesus

Here are a few pics from our birthday boy's big weekend. I'm curious though, how do you make birthdays special at your house? Leave me a comment and let me know. :)


Pictures Above: Jack enjoying pink squirrels with his class, Opening the loot from the family, Swimming away with his buddies and blowing out the candles on his Mario Bros. cake.

4 comments:

BeHappyBeSweetBeYou said...

Max had a total blast!! Thanks so much for inviting him!! :)
How we celebrate ours kids birthdays has been by having a big getogether of family and their friends at our house or at the park if the weather allows. We cook a big meal for everyone and also have cake and ice cream. We also have a family dinner and special treat on their official birthday day with just the 5 of us. They pick the meal and treat and we give them our gifts on this day also.
Aim, Facebook!!! :) Please!! :)

Tara said...

Oh, birthdays are so fun! We would have our whole family over also. I have pictures of even my great grandmas coming. On my 6th birthday party my mom had to leave the party to go have my little brother!

My baby is turning 4 tomorrow. We get a little cake for their actual birthday and then we have our families down (they are both 2 hours away)for a party! They do not get to play with their first cousins that often so this is a special day for them!

Jami said...

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Aimee, the cake looks great!

We celebrate in a similar way. I love to make it a big deal! For the week of their birthday they get to use a special "You are special" plate I had made at Kiln Time. We usually have a birthday party the weekend around their birthday with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. And I love to make their actual birthday (if it falls during the week) special as well. Sometimes we go out to eat and have the grandparents come over for dessert.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

We are the same way when it comes to birthdays....they are a HUGE big deal. Our little ones love it!

At my age a lot of my friends will say, "I don't even want to celebrate my birthday anymore because I'm getting older"! I say FORGET THAT!!!! My husband laughs because I don't call it my birthDAY....I call it my "birthday MONTH"!!! I celebrate ALLLL month long!

There are so many blessings in life and I say CELEBRATE IT!!!!!

Have a great week!