Wednesday, February 11, 2009

AWANA Cares for Mikayla

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE AWANA? This week's theme was AWANA cares for Mikayla. We collected items to give to a family in our community who has a daughter recently diagnosed with Leukemia. These items will come in handy as the family travels back and forth to Indy for treatments. Granola bars, fruit snacks, little Debbie snacks, juice boxes, coloring books, reading books, crayons...I loved seeing the kids come with smiles on their faces to load up the boxes with items. Many of them told a story of their friend and how much they missed her at school. While it makes my heart happy to see them give, it makes me happier to know they are learning what it means to love with the love of Christ. Many of them will be praying for their friend each day lifting up specific needs that she has. I can't think of much that makes me happier than to see my own kids and kids of our community learn to love Jesus, hide His word in their hearts AND extend His love to those around. God bless Mikayla and her family as they fight this battle. AWANA cares for you, loves you and is praying for Mikayla's healing!

1 comment:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

My prayers are with Mikayla. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Jamie