Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Justin and I enjoyed an outstanding Valentine's Day evening last night with our dear friends, the Spencers. Many of you know Reed and his amazing musical talents. We traveled to Taylor University to listen to Reed and his choral group perform. We enjoyed a great dinner and were entertained by the group along with a grad student from Jordan who sang in his native language. ( I don't know what that is) It was so neat to see how the Worship of Christ crosses over language and culture barriers. As this young man sang I certainly could not understand each word he spoke but I sure sang along with the familiar chorus in my own language, "Many things about tommorrow, I don't seem to understand. But I know who holds the future, and I know he holds my hand!"
I'm always thankful for the time that we get to spend with Mark and Jan and their whole family - which have become an extention of our own family. Our conversation and laughter are refreshing and such a blessing. If you get a chance, check out Taylor's website for information about the up and coming trip that the choral group, "Sounds of Taylor", will be taking to Jordan and Egypt next month.

Pictures: *Reed (middle) singing with the men's choir of the choral group.
*My dear friend, mentor and second mama...Jan.


Music is the universal language of mankind. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Hi Amiee,

Kris from "These Are My Words" here...didn't know how to answer your question about decorating cupcakes except to make a comment on your blog.

My 'secret' to decorating cupcakes is Wilton's disposable decorating bags and the large star tip. I got them both at Walmart (in their craft department).

I'll share my favorite buttercream frosting recipe my blog.

I'm honored you left me a comment. Thank you!