Sunday, August 3, 2008

SURPRISE!

Leroy Russel: The Big 8-0


I just love surprise birthdays! I love the look on the guest of honor's face when they realize everyone in the room is there for THEM! What a great feeling.

Today we attended a very dear friend's 80th surprise birthday party. This friend is especially dear because he and his wife babysat my brother and I all through childhood. They have become our adopted family. Leroy and Carol Sue are like our own grandparents. They even sat as my grandparents at my wedding. They have mentored me spiritually and supported me all through my life. It was so fun today to see everyone celebrate him. When I think about 80 years of life and how much living that actually is - it is a little overwhelming. What am impact his 80 years have been. Leroy and his wife are Christian pillars that have modeled the faithfulness and steadfast virtues of living a life for Christ daily to so many people. I can't even imagine the long list of lives they have touched and brought to the Lord. My life has been blessed because Leroy is a part of it. Happy Birthday Leroy! I love you bunches!

Carol Sue, Leroy and I...The Birthday Smooch!

The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune - Unknown

1 comment:

Jami said...

Oh, what a special day!