Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jack's First Day

Jackson and his teacher, Mrs. Wortley

In some ways today I am glad that I am a working mom. You see, when you know that you have to go teach 21 little first graders, it makes it hard to let your blubbering sobs get the best of you. On Jack's first day of kindergarten, I walked him down to his room, helped him put his things away and gave him a kiss goodbye. Although I could feel the dreaded lump in my throat, I didn't let the sobs take over. After all, I had to go teach. Wow! I was so amazed at how grown up Jack was. He knew just what to do. Was a perfect gentleman and didn't even seem to scared that I was leaving him with a room full of strangers. It makes me sad to think of how fast the time has gone and that my baby boy is a kindergartener. However, I am one proud mama at the little boy he has become! I love you Jacker!


Jackson walking like the big man on campus!

1 comment:

Jami said...

I love the way Jack wears his backpack diagonally across his chest. He has the cool look all figured out.