Thursday, July 31, 2008

Splish Splash


This summer we have enjoyed a weekly visit to our city pool. We go every Monday and stay for about four hours. Needless to say, the kids are exhausted when we get home! I have LOVED this little summer tradition! We meet our neighbors the McCarters there and Jack plays with Grant. They both had swimming lessons this summer and have become quite the brave little tykes. They go off the diving board, down the slide and use their goggles to manuever all over that pool.
Sophie spends her time mostly in the baby pool with Ella. They splash around, sit in the water and fight over who gets what toy. Currently, they speak the same language which sounds like high pitched screaming to all of us.
There is just something about tan little cheeks, sunscreen and packing snacks for a day at the pool that makes my heart happy. I love spending the day with the kids and watching them enjoy the water. It is a tradition I hope we keep for many summers to come and I certainly hope that the kids look back on these days with fond memories.

Chlorine is my perfume. ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

Jami said...

What a great way to spend the summer! I can't believe it is almost over.

Jami said...

Aimee, I figured out the map. In your layout go to "add a page element" then go to "HTML/JavaScript" then copy the URL into the "content" section.