Thursday, September 4, 2008

Interesting Facts...or Not So Interesting

A few of my favorite blogging buddies recently sent around an interesting facts game of "tag." I decided to play along. So...for you faithful readers, here are a few interesting (or not so interesting) facts about me. Enjoy. Hopefully they'll bring about a good chuckle or at least bring a smile to your face.

1. Stinky Feet - I have a secret obsession with my children's stinky feet. Feet are so cute when they are little (and when they belong to your own kids) and I love to sniff up their stinkiness!

2. Piles - Piles are my filing system of choice. While I long to be a tidy file folder junkie, truth be told I do much better with piles. I can tell you exactly which pile things are in and how far down in that pile! :)
*I've always heard that geniuses are messy...that's what I'm going with anyway!

3. Word Games - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to play word games. I play them a lot with Jack right now because he thinks they are cool, but I love to play them with anyone. We play "I like it when.." or the alphabet game. Sometimes we do word association games. I know it's corny, but I think it's fun!

4. Proverbs - I can't get enough of Proverbs! I read something from Proverbs nearly everyday. Sometimes multiple times a day. I love the small sections of truth that are so easy for me to recite and chew on all day long. My most recent verse to chew on: Proverbs 27:6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

5. Olympic Swimmer - My secret dream has always been to be an Olympic swimmer. I can remember watching swimmers in the Olympics for years. I've always loved the camera shots from under water where you can watch their strokes in detail.

6. Ears and Nails - I can't stand dirty ears or dirty finger nails...UGH! I'm pretty OCD about it.

7. Spiritual Head - Many people know my husband as a sarcastic jokester...which of course he is. :) However, what some people do not know is that he is an amazing spiritual head of our home. He is a prayer warrior, praying over me and our children fervently. He devours the scriptures like candy and seeks to apply them to our family life. He works just as hard (or harder) around the house as I do and I couldn't have been blessed with a more Christian man.

8. Hot Air Balloons - I've always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride. Whenever I see one in the air I get lost in watching it. It's almost like I'm a kid again taking in the circus or some amazing sight.

9. J. Crew Jeans - While I've become quite the thrifty shopper since I've become a mom, I still can't part with my favorite brand of blue jeans...J.Crew. I love the way they fit and they way they look. My all time faves are the ones that are completely broken it and just on the cusp of ripping. Ahhh...comfort!

10. Drum roll please - Reoccurring Nightmare - My reoccurring nightmare is that all my teeth fall out. I'm sure there is some deep seeded psychological issue that causes this. My thought is that I am paranoid of the dentist. I haven't had a cavity in my entire life and when I finally get one I think they will have to sedate me. Who knows. I did hear once that Kelly Rippa has this same nightmare. :)

That's it. I'm sure if I sat and thought long enough I could come up with plenty more crazy facts about myself that would bring about a chuckle or two. For now you'll have to settle with these less than exciting tidbits. If you're reading and you blog too..."TAG" you're it!

2 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Hi Aimee! Thank you so much for the kind comment on my blog. It means a lot to me that you are enjoying it and also that you took the time to comment.

I loved your post. I always enjoy learning about people! My favorite one was the obsession with stinky feet. I also love my little ones feet...even if they are stinky!! You are right, it's different when it's your OWN children (this is probably the same mentality that goes along with my ability to stick my hand under their mouth to "catch" the vomit when they are sick...gross, I know, but instinctive for me). I also am a bit OCD about dirty nails and ears - you are not alone!

Again, thanks for the kind comment and I look forward to checking out your blog more often!!

Jamie
www.theblissfullyhappyhousewife.blogspot.com

Jami said...

Hey Aimee, I am with you on the ears and nails. I don't think even Eric knows how often I clean the boys' ears.

And I too would like to go on a hot air balloon ride. I am not sure Eric would be crazy about it so maybe we can join together on this one!!