Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Protecting His Little Sis

Jackson is getting Sopie "suited" up

A few evenings ago, Justin had an evening meeting so I got to take his place in a round of frisbee outside with Jack. Normally frisbee is a man's sport at our house but I was an okay second fiddle since dad was gone. Anyway, Jack was concerned about Sophie joining us because he was just sure she would fall down a lot chasing a frisbee. Suddenly I heard, "I have an idea!" Off he went to the garage only to storm through the door sporting - you guessed it - knee pads! I laughed so hard. He was quite determined to get these on Sophie so she could play frisbee with us and not hurt her knees. ( I should mention that she roughed up her knees pretty good at a tennis match last weekend. Thus the reason for Jack's concern.) These knee pads cracked me up. It was almost like you could see the pride in his eyes for putting them on and taking such good care of her. As for Sophie, she loves her big brother and she sported them for the evening. Well, most of the evening. :)
Sophie --"Hey, these really help!"

2 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Too precious.

Jami said...

Did she fall more with the knee pads? Ha, ha! What a great big brother.