Thursday, September 25, 2008

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Fall

Living in Indiana, one can't get too comfortable with any one season. I think in all actuality that is what I really love - the change of the seasons - but if I had to name one, my favorite is the Fall! There are so many things that I love about the fall. Here are just a few...
1. Soup season - chili, santa fe stew, potato soup, vegetable soup
2. The smell of burning leaves ( I LOVE this scent!)
3. The pumpkin patch
4. The apple orchard
5. Jack-o-lanterns
6. Trick-or-treating
7. Thanksgiving
8. FOOTBALL - especially Purdue...GO BOILERS!
9. Sweatshirts
10. The colors all around
One of the things I've been doing with Jackson in the past year or so is hosting his own holiday party. Our last one was at Easter. He invited a few boys over and we colored eggs, had an easter egg hunt, made bunny cupcakes and heard the Easter story. (At our house Easter is bigger than Christmas...as a Christian it is the best reason to celebrate)
So...in celebration of mama's favorite season, we are working on the details for his next shindig. He's hosting a fall party over break for some kindergarten friends of his. We're planning on making the cute T-shirts on the cover of this month's Family Fun magazine, making carmel apples and who knows what else.
Have I mentioned that I LOVE the Fall?

3 comments:

the clemensuz said...

I LOVE fall!! It's my absolute favorite. I'm sure Jack's party will be a blast...you're so creative!

Jami said...

Jack's party sounds fun! You are a great mama!

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

First of all, I get Family Fun and those T-shirts are too cute...what a great idea!

Second, I think you should post some of your favorite soup recipes. I LOVE soup in the fall and winter and I'm always looking for some good recipes!! Please share!