Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Big 3-3!



I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!! People say that when you reach a certain age, they aren't such a big deal anymore. Honestly, I can't really imagine. I love the anticipation of them, I love the well-wishes and birthday cards that come in the mail- especially from someone you're not expecting to hear from. I love the cake and singing and that my mom STILL makes my favorite meal for me after all these years. The presents are always fun too, but the real fun for me is just celebrating who I am, who I've become and all that God has blessed me with.

This year the highlights included Jack's present to me, he told everyone that he was taking me to his basketball game for my birthday. Wasn't that sweet of him? :) I slept in until 8:45!! Justin kept the room all dark and the kids nice and quiet...he knows how much I love some extra Zzz's. Mom fixed ham loaf, cheesy potatoes, asparagus and rolls for dinner...many of my mama fave's. She also made this AMAZING german chocolate cake from scratch. YUM, YUM! It was especially fun this year to get so many well wishes from facebook buddies that I don't get to see in person. Another birthday....lots of blessings! Praise God for another happy, healthy year!

*Oh yeah, the patent leather zebra stripe Dansko's were a big hit too!! :)

1 comment:

Jami said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend!